Monday, August 25, 2008

Independent congressional candidate Cindy Sheehan being surveilled at Denver DNC convention?


Denver, Colorado--This is being reported primarily at OpEd News (OEN). Cindy Sheehan is claiming to have confronted an individual who claimed to be repairing the phone in her Hotel room. True? I doubt she's lying. Considering that the new FISA revisions recently passed make domestic surveillance of American citizens legal, it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

But would they--whoever "they" are--even need to come into her room to do this? Perhaps we have a case of bugging a room for information gathering purposes. If true, who was he working for? Mrs. Sheehan has been sending this account our in mass-e-mailings:
"As I walked toward my room, I noticed that the door was opened with the security bolt blocking the complete closing of the door. I knew immediately that I had not left the door open, and I double checked to make sure it was the right room because, as a frequent traveler, I have been known to forget my room number, but it was the right room.

I was upset at first thinking that housekeeping had made a mistake and left my room open and I was worried that something might be missing. So I walked into my room and bigger than life, there was a man standing by my desk holding the room phone with a screwdriver in his hand!

I immediately said; "What the hell are you doing? Are you putting a bug on my phone?" He looked like he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and stammered out: "N--no, we are having problems with the phone." I told him to get out of my room because my phone was fine and I called the front desk and the person at the front desk stammered something out about "problems" with some of the phones.

This room was reserved soon after we got to Denver last night because the room we had was inadequate for 3 people. The room was reserved under my campaign manager's name with a CFC debit card. By the time we left for the march, it could have very well been ascertained that I was the one in this room, and the room we did reserve could be bugged, also. I am confident that that's what was happening when I walked in on the "maintenance" man"
(Cindy Sheehan Bugged in Denver," OEN, 08.25.2008)
Whatever was really happening, it raises some serious questions. There is the possibility that the GOP's hand is in this cookie jar, potentially to smear the Democratic Party as being behind it. Candidate Sheehan should file a police report at the very least.

Sheehan is currently running against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in her own congressional district. Considering all of the political campaign office break-ins last summer, Sheehan's assertions could be correct and troubling.


OEN (read the thread):
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Cindy-Sheehan-Bugged-in-De-by-Rob-Kall-080825-412.html

3 comments:

  1. If this is true, this is an amazing story. And a sad one too. Great scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, but like I said: the FISA revision that was passed, thanks to people like Evan Bayh, Barack Obama (I understand he had little choice, but he had better reverse the vote if he becomes president), assholes like David Vitter, Joe Lieberman, Arlen Specter, virtually the entire Senate GOP, but not Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton (a shock, frankly!), Patrick Leahy, Bernie Sanders, Russell Feingold, Dennis Kucinich, etc.

    And that's just ONE of some of the most obviously unconstitutional pieces of legislation passed in our history regarding the rights of the individual. I could go on, but let's just say that things aren't what they appear in America and that we don't live in a "meritocracy" by a long-shot. If George W. Bush hasn't impressed that on most Americans by now, it never will. We live in a very classist society of incredible economic inequality, the fundamental issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Weimar time, brace yourselves. I personally think we've crossed the threshold.

    ReplyDelete