Huffington Post--I gotta hand it to some of the regulars at Huffpo, they are a bright bunch (excluding the trolls). "Snowball" just made this observation on Bush, and it does seem to fit:
List of Antisocial Personality Disorder Traits: Sense of entitlement; Unremorseful; Apathetic to others; Unconscionable behavior; Blameful of others; Manipulative and conning; Affectively cold; Disparate understanding; Socially irresponsible; Disregardful of obligations; Nonconforming to norms; Irresponsible.
[W]hereas the DSM-IV "clinical" features of Antisocial Personality Disorder (with a person having at least three of these characteristics) are:
Clinical Symptoms for an Antisocial Personality Disorder Diagnosis[:]I would say that George W. Bush is a border-line of this type, while someone like Stalin or Hitler would be on the highest-end of the scale. But, this could describe most statesmen. It's a chilling-reality, but these traits are both why they are able to reach such heights in our political system, while conversely wrecking it.
1. Failure to conform to social norms [.]
2. Deceitfulness, manipulativeness [.]
3. Impulsivity, failure to plan ahead [.]
4. Irritability, aggressiveness.
5. Reckless disregard for the safety of self or others.
6. Consistent irresponsibility.
7. Lack of remorse after having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another person.
That about sums up the Chimperor.
By: Snowball on December 14, 2006 at 03:23pm