Wednesday, April 04, 2007

DID KEITH RICHARDS SNORT HIS FATHER'S ASHES WITH SOME COCAINE?

THE UNITED KINGDOM--In a recent interview with the UK music mag, NME, Richards stated: "He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared. It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive." Today, on the Stones website, he's denying it. What's the truth? These little stories are fun, because they point-out the artifice of fame and celebrity--but is it true? Considering the stories that Richards once had his blood changed through transfusions to end his addiction to heroin (along-with Clapton, though both claimed it was a method similar to acupuncture and electrolysis), and all the other stories, it wouldn't be very hard to believe.

Here's some skinny from the Stones site:

The complete story is lost in the usual slanting! The truth of the matter is that I planted a sturdy English Oak. I took the lid off the box of ashes and he is now growing oak trees and would love me for it!!! I was trying to say how tight Bert and I were. That tight!!! I wouldn't take cocaine at this point in my life unless I wished to commit suicide. (AP, 04.04.2007)

It does ring-true, as one cannot imagine how someone could survive over forty-years being addicted (or even casually using) to various-drugs, alcohol, and whatnot. Perhaps we can chock it up to the myths surrounding rock n' roll, and it surely has granted NME a spike in their circulation. It's likely that Richards was goaded-into the comments in a way similar to how the Sex Pistols were on the Bill Grundy show in 1977. Everyone made out like bandits after that one. Bert Richards and the myths surrounding rock n' roll: RIP. Social-banditry died with the gangster-era.

Stoned: www.rollingstones.com/home.php

"I is the N-M-E, I is ANARCHY!" : http://www.nme.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment