Saturday, June 30, 2007

JUNE ROUNDUP: THE BEARDED INTRUDERS ROCK YOUR WORLD



College Corner, O-hi-o
--
This is a band featuring my old friend Joe Duke (sorry girls, he's taken). Joe's on lead-vocals, does some of the writing and playing with his friends John, Rob, and someone else I'm forgetting. ;0) The sound is psychedelia, maybe infused with a little postpunk-ala'-mondo weirdo. I like it, and these guys have a sense of humor about themselves (and everything) that's to my liking, and the music itself is pretty solid.
Peculiar, but very funny and very good psyche with an edge.

If you stay in the Midwest, you only get weirder and more radicalized from the boredom. I'd say "Raise your fist and yell!" but someone else already did (Steve Wilson, eat your heart out you mere journalist). Their myspace page is a bourgeois-hoot! What a month
it has been, here at J-7. It just felt right ending it on this note: Put your hands on your head, and get out of the car, sir. That'll learn ya.'

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't even call that music! You must have a
    extremely low self-esteem if you would laugh at that sort of hedonistic trash. Between PROSTITUTES and spaced-out GOOFBALLS who obviously relish the idea of spending an eternity scalding from hellfire, how can you consider yourself a source with any credibility at all? What will you write about next? Drug legalization? Abortion rights? Gun control?
    I bet you even support amnesty for awol service men who claim to have "political reasons" for shirking their duty to their country. There's a cure for what's wrong with you. You can find it in the BIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Mark Twain said that the Bible sullied his young mind, and that a person once having read it "could never draw a clean breath" from then to the grave. Oh sure, I bet you're from Mississippi! ;0) Hey, we know you aren't a Democrat, you're white...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now if I can just get that Press Club pass, I can feel better about myself. No-thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey "Godwarrior"! This is your daughter, you know, the one who's about to turn 16 this year and you haven't bothered to look for or contact since she was 12?!
    I've grown up since then and all I can say is thank you for making the first twelve years of my life miserable! I'm not a sweet, easily-manipulated kid anymore. I can think for myself and right now I'm thinking about how much I wish you would have once, I mean just ONCE tried to have any kind of relationship with me, your only daughter, after mom and us left. But I guess you had more important stuff to do.
    A stranger forever on; Kaylee Arnold.

    ReplyDelete