Thursday, September 03, 2009

Songs from the Site Meter: D.C.M.A. follow-up with more reflections on the DC Madam


Site Meter--Someone in a California town that I never heard of had a long read on DCMA, curious. Yes, a burb of Los Angeles, the fine city of Corona. Friends of Deskin? Sammala hisself? He should explain to me why he acted so strange when I encountered him on the phone and the Internet.

One fine day in the spring of 2008, Jeane Palfrey (the DC Madam) told me, "You have a conference call with Monique [Rawlings] and attorney Sam Deskin." Who? I'd never even had the displeasure of having one before, so I was puzzled.

And who the hell was this Sam Deskin and why was I supposed to talk to him? No context was given, so as you can imagine I was apprehensive about it and didn't want to talk to them, my normal, natural reaction to bullshit. But it was a jolly old time: we talked for a couple hours about the case for no obvious reason or goal, so I have to assume that he was pumping us for information, which he proceeded to do. You'd have to ask him why. Yes, everyone has an angle, a reason, "the rules of the game" we call life.

At one point in the conversation, my co-researcher got up on her soapbox (did I mention that she writes under the dorky pseudonym "SP Biloxi" or just "Biloxi"?) when I had the temerity to answer a question Deskin asked us, a rather bold one in-retrospect: "What do you guys expect to get out of this?" I had no idea how to answer him, it's the truth, but I said, "Dinner and an explanation from Jeane."

Keep-in-mind that this is regarding someone who's clearly guilty of pimping and who was laundering money left-and-right, probably all over the globe. Did I want her to pay for me to fly out to meet her and all the rest? Certainly, wouldn't you? Newsflash to Monique and the rest who haven't figured it out: She was guilty. But no, no, my co-researcher kept insisting that I tow-the-line that Jeane was "innocent," which wasn't necessary within the confines of the defense. By the time Deskin came along in February for this call, I was about done with the whole scene, I didn't particularly give a shit anymore.

I'm paraphrasing my co-researcher's reply, but this is its substance: "Matt, that's wrong. You cannot expect anything when you help someone." You'll excuse me, but it's impossible for me to write the English-language quite the way she manages to mangle it, pardon.

"Not even a criminal who laundered millions of dollars?" I thought--and laughed--to myself.

Rawlings and Deskin both agreed to agree with themselves--because it's convenient--and each other, and "took me to task." I didn't really care what they thought and still don't. Keep-in-mind that Deskin slithered into the picture wanting to buy all of Palfrey's phone records (hit his label for more detail) and to split any profits from his research into them 50/50. This kept going on until February 2008! The irony of all of this was that Palfrey came to me--not so in their respective cases.

I only wanted to chronicle the story, to be that fly on the wall. Dinner and an explanation from a female pimp doesn't strike me as a high crime, and I have to wonder what the hell was in both of their minds besides empty space. By the way, that space is now available for weddings, Barmitzvahs, and public receptions at $2,000-per-night, without security or any catering.




Domain Name
rr.com ? (Commercial)
IP Address
76.169.197.# (Road Runner)
ISP
Road Runner
Location
Continent : North America
Country : United States (Facts)
State : California
City : Corona
Lat/Long : 33.8424, -117.5486 (Map)
Language
English (U.S.)
en-us
Operating System
Microsoft WinNT
Browser
Firefox
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.2) Gecko/20090729 Firefox/3.5.2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Javascript
version 1.5
Monitor
Resolution : 1680 x 1050
Color Depth : 32 bits
Time of Visit
Sep 4 2009 6:19:53 am
Last Page View
Sep 4 2009 6:36:13 am
Visit Length
16 minutes 20 seconds
Page Views
3
Referring URL

Visit Entry Page
http://chickasawpick...er-dcma-someone.html
Visit Exit Page
http://chickasawpick...esmell.blogspot.com/
Out Click

Time Zone
UTC-8:00
Visitor's Time
Sep 3 2009 3:19:53 pm
Visit Number
59,300


Then, there's this one about the guy who I found in Palfrey's records and was the first to corroborate, Ret. Col. Ron Roughead, possibly still working for SAIC:


Domain Name
kinkos.com ? (Commercial)
IP Address
170.170.59.# (Kinko's Service Corporation)
ISP
Kinko's Service Corporation
Location
Continent : North America
Country : United States (Facts)
State : California
City : Ventura
Lat/Long : 34.2807, -119.2868 (Map)
Language
English (U.S.)
en-us
Operating System
Microsoft WinXP
Browser
Internet Explorer 6.0
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Javascript
version 1.3
Monitor
Resolution : 1280 x 1024
Color Depth : 32 bits
Time of Visit
Sep 4 2009 6:34:44 am
Last Page View
Sep 4 2009 6:34:44 am
Visit Length
0 seconds
Page Views
1
Referring URL
http://www.google.co...ttache&aq=f&oq=&aqi=
Search Engine
google.com
Search Words
ron roughead army colonel defense attache
Visit Entry Page
http://chickasawpick...ald-roughead_16.html
Visit Exit Page
http://chickasawpick...ald-roughead_16.html
Out Click

Time Zone
UTC-5:00
Visitor's Time
Sep 3 2009 6:34:44 pm
Visit Number
59,302




No comments:

Post a Comment